Yahoo! Search Submit Basic - FAQs
- What is Yahoo! Search Submit Basic?
- What is Paid Inclusion?
- How does Yahoo! Search Submit Basic Work?
- What are benefits of subscribing to Yahoo! Search Submit Basic?
- What are the Yahoo! Content Quality Guidelines?
- How long will my web page remain in the Yahoo! search index?
- How many URLs can I submit?
- How do I add additional URLs?
- What happens if I change the URL of my Web site after I subscribe to this service?
- Can I submit dynamic pages?
- What's the difference between Yahoo! Search Submit Basic and the Add URL service?
- How are my web pages ranked?
- How do I improve the ranking of my Web pages?
- What do I do if my Web page was not successfully added to the Yahoo! search index?
- Is the Yahoo! Search Submit Basic service an ongoing or one off payment?
What is Yahoo! Search Submit Basic?
A: Yahoo! Search Submit Basic is a paid inclusion program offered by ineedhits. Search Submit Basic offers rapid 4 business day Yahoo! inclusion, 7 day listing refreshes, performance reporting and 12 month guaranteed Yahoo! inclusion.
Yahoo! Search Submit Basic includes your website in many of the top search engines such as Yahoo!, AltaVista, fast, excite and alltheweb. That's exposure to over 85% of unique internet users in the US alone and more than 3 billion monthly searches.
What is Paid Inclusion?
A: Paid Inclusion is a submission service wher you pay a fee to a search engine and then the search engine guarantees that your website will be included in its index.
Paid Inclusion programs will also ensure that your website is indexed very fast and crawled on regular basis.
How does Yahoo! Search Submit Basic Work?
- Pay $49 and submit your URLs for inclusion into the Yahoo! search index. Before submission, please ensure your URLs comply with Yahoo! content quality guidelines .
- Once reviewed and accepted into the program, your URLs are included into a database that feeds Yahoo! organic search results.
- Your URLs are refreshed every 7 business days to ensure your content is kept fresh.
- At the end of your 12 month subscription, your URLs will renew.
What are benefits of subscribing to Yahoo! Search Submit Basic?
A: Search Submit Basic ensures your key web pages are included in the Yahoo! search network that powers million of searches worldwide. The program also provides:
- Fast Yahoo! Inclusion
- Guaranteed inclusion for 12 months
- Regular refreshes of website content
- Detailed click and traffic reporting
What are the Yahoo! Content Quality Guidelines?
A: The Yahoo! Content Quality Guidelines are in place to ensure the program provides the most relevant search experience by directing searchers to high quality and relevant web pages. Every URL entered into the program must pass editorial review.
To ensure your website has the best chance of passing this review please ensure it meets the following content quality guidelines.
The following text is taken from the Yahoo! Search Submit Basic Website :
Pages Yahoo! Will Include in the Search Submit Index:
- Original and unique content of genuine value.
- Pages designed primarily for humans, with search engine considerations secondary.
- Hyperlinks intended to help people find interesting, related content, when applicable.
- Metadata (including title and description) that accurately describe the contents of a Web page.
- Good web design in general.
- Unfortunately, not all web pages contain information that is valuable to a user. Some pages are created deliberately to trick the search engine into offering inappropriate, redundant or poor-quality search results; this is often called "spam." Yahoo! does not want these pages in the index.
|Pages Yahoo! Wont Include in the Search Submit Index:
Some, but not all, examples of the more common types of pages that Yahoo! does not want included:
Yahoo!'s Search Submit Guidelines
- Pages that harm accuracy, diversity or relevance of search results.
- Pages dedicated to directing the user to another page ("doorway pages").
- Pages that have substantially the same content as other pages on the web, including affiliate content.
- Pages that change user preferences, reset default home pages, resize browser windows, disable back buttons, or otherwise interfere with a user's ability to navigate.
- Pages with automatic software downloads including viruses, adware, spyware, or other self-installing programs.
- Sites with numerous, unnecessary virtual hostnames.
- Pages in great quantity, automatically generated, with minimal content or of little value.
- Pages using methods to artificially inflate search engine ranking.
- Pages with text that is not easily read, e.g. text that is too small or is obscured by the background of the page, or is located in an area of the page not visible to users.
- Cloaking or stealth; a technique used by some web sites to deliver one page to a search engine and a different page to all other users.
- Cross-linking to inflate a site's apparent popularity, including participation in link exchanges or "link farms," and the use of non-navigational links.
- Pages built primarily for search engines or pages with excessive or off-topic keywords.
- Misuse or inaccurate use of competitor or brand names.
- Duplication of content, either by submission of multiple pages with same content, submitting the same content from multiple domains, or submitting the same content from multiple hosts.
- Pages that rely heavily on content or links to content created for another web site, such as affiliate content.
- Pages that have pop-ups, pop-unders or exit consoles.
- Pages that seem deceptive, fraudulent or provide a poor user experience (Descriptions that are not relevant to the page content).
- Pages that result in a 404 error.
- Content, domains, titles, metadata or descriptions that (i) violate any applicable law or regulation; (ii) infringes in any manner any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any party; (iii) breach any duty toward or rights of any person or entity including, without limitation, rights of publicity or privacy, or have otherwise resulted in any consumer fraud, product liability, tort, breach of contract, injury, damage or harm of any kind to any person or entity; (iv) are false or misleading; and/or (v) are defamatory, libelous, slanderous or threatening.
- Online Gambling Sites: Yahoo! Search Submit does not accept URLs from online gambling sites. Online gambling sites are those that have gambling as their central theme, including those that accept wagers or require payment in exchange for the chance to win prizes, as well as sites that offer both information and links related primarily to the promotion of online gambling. If it comes to our attention that a site is soliciting users to participate in online gambling (including, without limitation, through email correspondence with users), we will terminate that site's feed.
- Prescription Drug Sites: Prescription drug sites are those that sell prescription drug products, as well as sites that offer information or links related primarily to the sale of prescription drugs. If a site is a prescription drug site and either sells prescription drugs or facilitates the sale of prescription drugs (via links), these sites must take part in an approved qualification program. PharmacyChecker, an independent third-party, provides a pharmacy verification program approved by Yahoo! For more information, please see http://www.pharmacychecker.com/sealprogram/choose.asp
- Tobacco products: Yahoo! Search Submit does not accept URLs for tobacco related products.
Search Submit program policies are designed to ensure that poor-quality pages do not degrade the user experience in any way. As with Yahoo!'s other guidelines, Yahoo! reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to take any and all action it deems appropriate to ensure the quality of its index.
Treatment of Paid Content
Yahoo! designed its Search Submit programs to improve the quality of its search databases and thereby enhance the search user experience. Therefore, URLs submitted via such programs are subject to these guidelines and any other additional guidelines or policies adopted by Yahoo! from time to time.
How long will my web page remain in the Yahoo! search index?
A: URLs submitted to Yahoo! Search Submit Basic will remain in the search index for a period of 12 months.
Pausing a URL does not extend the life of the subscription, as this is set for a fixed 12 months from the submission date. At the end of the 12 month period, your URLs will renew.
How many URLs can I submit?
A: You may add a maximum of 5 URLs per top level domain. (eg. You may submit a maximum of 5 web pages from www.yourwebsite.com).
How do I add additional URLs?
A: To add additional URLs to your account please visit the Search Submit Basic product page and select the number of URLs you would like to order.
Please note that a maximum of five (5) URLs can be added per domain.
What happens if I change the URL of my Web site after I subscribe to this service?
A: If your URL changes after you subscribe to Yahoo! Search Submit Basic, please contact customer service to change your URL.
Please note: You may only change your URL if it is within the same domain name.
Can I submit dynamic pages?
A: Yes the program does accept dynamic URL(s), for example:
What's the difference between Yahoo! Search Submit Basic and the Add URL service?
A: Yahoo! Search Submit Basic offers some great benefits over standard submission, with the most notable being 4 business day inclusion in the Yahoo! search index.
Wheras the Add URL service may take months before your URL is included.
The Yahoo! Search Submit Basic program also provides weekly listing updates and detailed performance reporting which are not available using standard submissions.
How are my web pages ranked?
A: All web pages included in Yahoo! Search Submit Basic are ranked according to the normal Yahoo! search ranking algorithm.
Maintaining this consistency ensures the integrity of search results and a quality search experience for users.
How do I improve the ranking of my Web pages?
A: To improve the ranking of your website you need to optimize your submitted web pages to ensure they are easily readable by search engine spiders.
ineedhits offer some great optimization services starting from as low as $24.95/URL. To determine which optimization package is best for you, visit our optimization page .
What do I do if my Web page was not successfully added to the Yahoo! search index?
A: If there was a problem adding one of your URLs to the index, an error code will be sent to our customer service team who will then contact you to explain the error. They will advise the steps needed to resolve the error and provide any suggestions as required.
The most persistent errors will need to be resolved by changing the coding of your web site or the configuration settings of your Web server.
Is the Yahoo! Search Submit Basic service an ongoing or one off payment?
A: The Yahoo! Search Submit Basic service is subscription based, in that they will automatically renew each year. For further information, please read through our Terms and Conditions.
If you do not wish to continue your subscription, then you may cancel your subscription at any time prior to renewal through your online account.
Back to Main FAQ
Back to Yahoo! Search Submit Basic